The RCPro (Reaction Calorimetry Data Processing) software is the component of TSS series and represents the state-of-the-art program for thorough processing of data generated by reaction calorimeters of various types (Mettler RC1, Setaram DRC, HEL Simular, ChemiSens CPA 102, 202 and many others). RCPro offers the bunch of the most up-to-date methods for data processing. RCPro is an easy-to-use program thanks to the friendly self-guiding interface.
RCPro is addressed to the researchers that are involved in process design and thermal hazard assessment of chemical processes. It can be used as standalone software but the most beneficial way is to use this program as a part of the TSS.
The program allows a User to load, process, and store data of multi-response experiment (Temperature, heat generation, Pressure, species concentrations). Original data may be presented in integral or/and derivative (dT/dt, dP/dt) form. Data can be sampled with constant or variable rate.
RCPro is delivered in a package with the auxiliary Text File Converter (TFC) program which allows easy and convenient way of converting data from ASCII format or from an Excel file including concentration data. The possibility is foreseen to create a template for certain type of data which facilitates future work,
RCPro provides storage of original and processed data into database which consists of data volumes (DV). Every DV includes number of data sets that represent results of separate runs. The unique feature of RCPro is that it uses the same database as DesK software therefore no data transfer is required.
The following types of data processing are supported by RCPro:
- Smoothing responses by applying exponential or polynomial filters;
- correcting pulse distortions (spikes) by applying linear cutter (replaces spike with the fragment of straight line), exponential corrector (replaces spike with the fragment of exponential curve), and polynomial corrector with variable order;
- Cutting fragments including cutting tails, cutting internal fragments selected by 2 markers, deleting separate points marked by the cursor;
- Linear transformation of responses;
- thinning out data (decreasing number of data points without loss of information);
- building complementary responses (derivatives from integral and vice versa);
- correcting Pressure Response on Pressure of Inert Gas;
- correcting the Pressure Response on Vapor Pressure; one can choose between Antoine and simplified August formulas for approximation of temperature dependency of vapor pressure;
- calculating Gas Production responses;
- reconstructing and correcting “under peak” base line; variety of linear and non-linear (curve, exponential, polynomial with variable order) base lines is supported;
- integrating heat release rate peaks;
- deconvoluting heat release rate data (compensation of dynamic distortions due to thermal inertia of a cell);
- presenting data in graphic form in selectable axes;
- presenting and viewing of several data sets simultaneously - Multigraph data presentation. This mode gives very convenient way to make the comparative analysis of results of several separate experiments including such cases when various calorimeters where used for the study of the same sample. All the data or chosen part of data sets can be transferred into the Excel just by selecting the corresponding menu option;
- Editing concentration responses (smoothing, spikes correction, cutting, linear transformation, thinning out)
To make data processing easier RCPro provides automated plot adjustment in accordance with processing type to be made.
Unique features of RCPro
- when semi-batch data are processed the program takes into account variation of the mixture volume due to injection of reactants;
- parameters of injections can be adjusted to properly sinchronize injections and pulses of heat release rate;
- the possibility to take into account thermal expansion of the sample and the reactor, which is important for accurate calculation of gas generation;
- starting form version 1.4.0 new useful feature is available - estimation of energy accumulation in a semi-BATCH reactor which allows preliminary analysis of worst case scenario of cooling failure
The RCPro 1x and higher is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, 10.
The setup includes data converter capable of handling data of thermal analysis, adiabatic and reaction calorimetry. Installations of RCPro and TFC are implemented separately. Therefore the setup is an archive file which, after unpacking will give you 2 sub-setups for installing RCPro and TFC. RCPro can be installed along any preferred path whereas TFC must be installed along the default path.
1. When installing RCPro under Windows 7 and higher we strongly recommend to use the default path
2. When installing new versions of TSS applications one can meet the problem with Anti-virus tools you use.
Some of them will recognise TSS programs as hazardous ones. Please don't worry. This happens because of
new powerful protection system. TSS software is now protected by the Enigma Protector - one of the world
leaders in this area.
To avoid the problem ask your IT service to exclude Users\[username]\CISP folder from virus check.
CISP guarantees that TSS is 100% clean, which means its applications do not contain any form
of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoor.
Requirements: Pentium V or higher, at least 512Mb of memory, 50Mb of hard disk space, Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
IMPORTANT! Be aware that on the expiration of the Warranty/maintenance Period the License on any TSS application remains valid for the version last updated during maintenance Period. Therefore if your maintenance has expired you wouldn't be able to use new updates. If you nevertheless download the setup of new version and replace your working version with new one it won't work and you will lose working program! To avoid such situation check please whether you have valid maintenance before downloading any TSS program.