The ADaExpert (Processing and Analysing Adiabatic Data) software belongs to the TSS series and represents the analog-free program package for thorough processing and analysis of data generated by (pseudo) adiabatic calorimeters of various types (ARC, VSP, Phi-Tec, RSST, DEWAR) (see also Newsletters #2, #9). ADaExpert offers the bunch of the most up-to-date methods for data processing including some original methods that are available only in this program package (see articles for more details) is program as a part of the TSS. ADaExpert will be a very useful tool for everyone involved in thermal hazard assessment and design of emergency relief systems.
The program allows a User to load, process, and store data of one- or two-response adiabatic experiment (Temperature or Temperature + Pressure). Original data may be presented in integral (T, P) or/and derivative (dT/dt, dP/dt) form. Data can be sampled with constant or variable rate.
ADaExpert is delivered in a package with the auxiliary Text File Converter (TFC) program which allows easy and convenient way of converting data from ASCII format or from an Excel file. The possibility is foreseen to create a template for certain type of data which facilitates future work. The Text File Converter has been essentially redesigned and is in fact new much more convenient program that provides easier method for data conversion.The PowerPpoint tutorial is available on the TFC page. Download it to see data conversion procedure
ADaExpert provides storage of original and processed data into internal database which consists of data volumes (DV). Every DV includes number of data sets that represent results of separate runs. Processed data can be saved directly into the ForK or DesK databases.
ADaExpert supports all the types of data processing that were available in its predecessor ADPro:
- Smoothing responses by applying exponential or polynomial filters;
- correcting pulse distortions (spikes) by applying linear cutter (replaces spike with the fragment of straight line), exponential corrector (replaces spike with the fragment of exponential curve), and polynomial corrector with variable order
- Cutting fragments including cutting tails, cutting internal fragments selected by 2 markers, deleting separate points marked by the cursor
- thinning out data (decreasing number of data points without loss of information);
- Linear transformation of responses
- building derivative responses (dT/dt, dP/dt) on the basis of integral ones and vice versa;
- correcting Pressure Response on Pressure of Inert Gas;
- correcting the Pressure Response on Vapor Pressure; one can choose between Antoine and simplified August formulas for approximation of temperature dependency of vapor pressure ;
- calculating Heat and Gas Production responses;
- defining the onset temperature;
- automated procedure for selecting data points that belong to the thermal initiation period (History);
- presenting data in graphic form in selectable axes;
- presenting and viewing of several data sets simultaneously - Multigraph data presentation. This mode gives very convenient way to make the comparative analysis of results of several separate experiments including such cases when various calorimeters where used for the study of the same sample. All the data or chosen part of data sets can be transferred into the Excel just by selecting the corresponding menu option.
To make data processing easier ADaExpert provides automated plot adjustment in accordance with processing to be made.
Unique features of data processing include:
- the possibility to take into account dependency of heat capacities of the sample and bomb material on temperature (hence, accounting for variability of thermal inertia);
- the possibility to take into account thermal expansion of the sample and bomb, which is important for accurate calculation of gas generation;
- the possibility to take into account impact of thermal initiation period on the following reaction course;
- the possibility to process non-adiabatic data that include thermal responses (heat generation/heat generation rate) and pressure, in this case the options like “under-peak” base line reconstruction are available.
The data analysis module employs the most up-to-date simplified methods and allows getting useful information provided that data comply with limitations of these methods. The methods include:
- Kinetics evaluation, the overall single stage N-order kinetics can be evaluted;
- The unique analog-free method for data correction on thermal inertia, it allows proper prediction of adiabatic time scale and correction of pressure and gas production responses;
- The module for prediction of adiabatic Time to Maximum Rate;
- The Vent sizing module for calculation of savety device size. It allows the choice between the J. Leung method and ISO 4126-10 Standard
You can find an example of applying these features of ADaExpert in the
Furthermore you can download the PowerPoint Tutorial which will
Requirements: Pentium V or higher, at least 512Mb of memory, 50Mb of hard disk space, Windows XP, 7, 8, 10.
The setup includes data converter. Installations of ADaExpert and TFC are implemented separately. Therefore the setup is a 2 volume archive file. After extracting, you will get 2 sub-setups for installing ADaExpert and TFC.
1. When installing ADaExpert under Windows 7 and higher we strongly recommend to accept the default path
2. When installing new versions of TSS applications one can meet the problem with Anti-virus tools you use.
Some of them may suspect that TSS programs are hazardous ones. Please don't worry. This may happen
due to new powerful protection system (provided by the Enigma Protector - one of the world leaders in this
area) which sometimes causes alarm because anty-virus tools cannot look inside the protected code. As a
result the approcation will be blocked. To avoid such problem ask your IT service to exclude
Users\[username]\CISP folder from virus check.
CISP guarantees that TSS is 100% clean, which means its applications do not contain any form
of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoor.
Be aware - even if you are the licensed user of ADaExpert you will have to get new registration key. Please email us the request and don't forget to indicate your company and your name
IMPORTANT! Be aware that on the expiration of the Warranty/maintenance Period the License on any TSS application remains valid for the version last updated during maintenance Period. If your maintenance has expired you wouldn't be able to use new updates. If you nevertheless download the setup of new version and replace your working version with new one it won't work and you will lose working program! To avoid such situation check please whether you have valid maintenance before downloading any TSS program.