Purpose of the program
The TDPro (Thermoanalytical Data Processing) software, which belongs to the TSS series, is the state-of-the-art program for thorough processing of data generated by various kinds of thermal analysis instruments (differential scanning calorimetry, DSC, heat flux calorimetry, HFC, isothermal calorimetry, thermal gravimetry, TG, combined methods). TDPro offers the bunch of the most up-to-date methods for data processing, analysis and interpretation, including some original methods that are available only in this program. TDPro is an easy-to-use program thanks to the friendly self-guiding interface.
TDPro can be used as standalone software in physical-chemical laboratories that apply methods of thermal analysis or are involved in thermal hazard assessment, but the most beneficial way is to use this program as a part of the TSS.
The program allows a User to load, process, and store data of a multi response thermal analysis experiment (DTA, DSC, TG, DSC+TG). Data can be sampled with constant or variable rate.
TDPro is delivered in a package with the auxiliary Text File Converter (TFC) program which allows easy and convenient way of converting data from ASCII format or form an Excel file. The possibility is foreseen to create a template for certain type of data which facilitates future work,
The PowerPpoint tutorial is available on the TFC page. Download it to see data conversion procedure.
TDPro provides storage of original and processed data into internal database which consists of data volumes (DV). Every DV includes number of data sets that represent results of separate runs. Processed data can be saved directly into the ForK or DesK databases for further kinetic analysis.
The following types of data processing are supported by TDPro:
- smoothing responses by applying polynomial or exponential filetr with sliding window;
- correcting pulse distortions (spikes) by applying linear cutter (replaces spike with the fragment of straight line), exponential corrector (replaces spike with the fragment of exponential curve), and polynomial corrector with variable order;
- Cutting fragments including cutting tails, cutting internal fragments selected by 2 markers, deleting separate points marked by the cursor;
- thinning out data (decreasing number of data points without loss of information);
- linear transformation of the responses;
- subtracting experimental base line (blank);
- reconstructing and correcting “under peak” base line; variety of linear and non-linear (curve, exponential, polynomial with variable order) base lines is supported;
- determining position of the Characteristic Points. This procedure is useful for better detection of the position of such characteristic points on the peak as start and end points of a peak, location of extremes and inflexion points, etc.;
- building complementary responses (Q(t) based on DSC; DTG response based on TG);
- integrating DSC peaks;
- deconvoluting DSC data (compensation of dynamic distortions due to thermal inertia of a cell);
- presenting data in graphic form in selectable axes;
- Determining physical chemical properties
- sample specific heat;
- phase transition parameters (melting temperature and heat of fusion, etc);
- glass transtion temperature
- presenting and viewing several data sets simultaneously - Multigraph data presentation. This mode gives very convenient way to make the comparative analysis of results of several separate experiments including such cases when various calorimeters where used for the study of the same sample. All the data or chosen part of data sets can be transferred into the Excel just by selecting the corresponding menu command. The same Multigraph module supports statisitiacl analysis of data.
Unique features of TDPro include:
- the procedure that allows reconstruction of the real sample temperature and estimation of sample overheating;
- the statistical analysis of results of parallel runs;
- the method for measuring thermal conductivity of liquid samples (by using C 80 Setaram and similar instruments), no standards are required for calibration
Requirements: Pentium V or higher, at least 512Mb of memory,50Mb of hard disk space, Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
The setup includes data converter capable of handling data of thermal analysis, adiabatic and reaction calorimetry. Installations of TDPro and TFC are implemented separately. The setup is an archive file. After extracting, you will get 2 sub-setups for installing TDPro and TFC. TDPro can be installed along any preferred path whereas TFC must be installed along the default path.
1. When installing TDPro under Windows 7 and higher we strongly recommend to use the default path
2. When installing new versions of TSS applications one can meet the problem with Anti-virus tools you use.
Some of them may suspect that TSS programs are hazardous ones. Please don't worry. This may happen
due to new powerful protection system (provided by the Enigma Protector - one of the world leaders in this
area) which sometimes causes alarm because anty-virus tools cannot look inside the protected code. As a
result the approcation will be blocked. To avoid such problem ask your IT service to exclude
Users\[username]\CISP folder from virus check.
CISP guarantees that TSS is 100% clean, which means its applications do not contain any form
of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoor.
Be aware - even if you are the licensed user of TDPro you will have to get new registration key. Please email us the request and don't forget to indicate your company and your name
IMPORTANT! Be aware that on the expiration of the Warranty/maintenance Period the License on any TSS application remains valid for the version last updated during maintenance Period. Therefore if your maintenance has expired you wouldn't be able to use new updates. If you nevertheless download the setup of new version and replace your working version with new one it won't work and you will lose working program! To avoid such situation check please whether you have valid maintenance before downloading any TSS program.